Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ginger Molasses Cupcakes

I've been wanting to bake off something for awhile now, and this morning I was rummaging through my cupboard when I realized I still had some molasses leftover from Christmas gingerbread cookies, as well as some ginger from the ginger orange chicken. So ginger molasses cupcakes! The recipe was from Martha's cookbook and they turned out pretty tasty.


They were covered with a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream and some powdered ginger. Candied ginger bits would have been another good topping.


The end product was something that was a little more towards the savory side than sweet, but I know certain people (cough cough Matt, cough cough) who would prefer it that way. Not especially my thing but I munched it down happily enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment